When I went in Queensland, I stopped by the little village of Kuranda which is a huge hyppie market with lots of organic and hand made products. After a tiring morning wondering around the aisles I stopped for a muffin-coffee and that was.... I had to ask what was his secret and he did gave me the recipe.
Too happy i tried it, first thing when I came back in Sydney. Not disappointing at all! They are soft and full of taste. Really easy to make and you can use the base of this recipe for any flavour just add whatever you feel like. It is the perfect perfect balance for a good muffin base.
Here are some pictures of the trip in North Queensland and the muffin's recipe.
- 300g flour
- 150g brown sugar
- 50g melted butter
- 1 egg
- 225ml milk
- 2 bananas
- 2 teaspoons of honey (can be replace by 60m of butter scotch)
- 1 handfull of dark chocolate
- 1 handfull of white chocolate (can be replace by macadamia)
- Preheat oven at 200°
- Mix all the dry ingredients together and keep on the side.
- Mix well the egg with melted butter and add milk and honey. Slowly poor the dry mix into this one. Stir until everything is well combine then add the chocolates and bananas.
- Poor into muffins pan and cook at 200° for 20 minutes.
Have a good week end